Gatlinburg Marriage License Information
Information on Gatlinburg Marriage Licenses
If you are having a wedding in Gatlinburg, TN or the surrounding area, you will first need a Tennessee marriage license. The requirements to obtain this marriage license are as follows:
- Both parties must be 18 years of age or older
- Present a valid state driver’s license or a certified birth certificate
- Present a social security card
- If not currently a US citizen, provide a valid passport
- If either party has been divorced or widowed, you will need to know the date that the divorce was final or the date of death.
- There are no blood tests and no waiting period
- The license must be used within 30 days of issuance
As you can see, Tennessee is a marriage friendly state and obaining a Gatlinburg marriage license often takes only ten minutes or less. Your marriage license can be applied for and picked up from one of three locations:
405 REAGAN DRIVE
GATLINBURG, TN 37788
300 PINE MOUNTAIN RD
PIGEON FORGE, TN 37863
Saturday Only 9:00am-5:00pm
Located behind City Hall
125 COURT AVE SUITE 202E
SEVIERVILLE, TN 37862
The current cost of a Tennessee marriage license in Sevier County is as follows:
Out of state residents
A small processing fee is charged if paying by credit card
You will receive three papers at the marriage license office; the license and two certificates. At the conclusion of the ceremony, the minister will complete the two certificates and return them to you. He will take the license with him and file that with Sevier county to be recorded.
Note for Tennessee residents: You may use a marriage license from the county that you reside in. At the conclusion of the ceremony, the minister will mail in your license to be recorded. Depending on your county, you will either then be mailed your official marriage documents or will need to pick them up at your local county clerk.